Michael W. Rosedale
Bonner County Clerk
Bonner County Clerk of the District Court
1500 Highway 2, Suite 336
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
Tele: (208) 265-1432 (Courts)
Fax: (888) 960-4885 (Courts)
Court Operations Auditing, Recording, Elections
215 South First Avenue and Assistance
Sandpoint, Idaho 83864 1500 HWY 2, Third Floor
Phone: (208) 265-1432 Sandpoint, Idaho 83864
Fax: (888) 960-4885 (New #) Phone: (208) 265-1437
……………………………………Fax: (208) 255-7849
Clerk of the District Court Ex-Officio Auditor and Recorder
The County Clerk has one of the most diverse jobs of all county elected officials. Elected by partisan ballot every 4 years, the Clerk has five distinct titles as outlined in Idaho Code. Elected as the Clerk of the District Court he also serves in an ex-officio capacity as the County Auditor and Recorder.
Additionally, the position is the Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners and the Chief Elections Officer for the entire county. The Bonner County Clerk, by Code, also oversees the County Assistance Office and the Veterans Service Office. Over 40 deputy clerks work in the various offices under the Clerk assisting him in serving the public in carrying out these duties.
- Courts: Youth Court – Drug Court – Traffic Citations – Small Claims – See the Court Assistance Officer for help filling out the required court documents.
- Recording: Deeds – Plats – Surveys – Marriage Licenses – Passports – Genealogy.
- Elections: Register to vote – Find out where to vote – Request an absentee ballot – Election results!
- Auditors – The County auditors manage the budget, assist the independent auditors with the annual audit, pay the expenses of the county in accordance with the budget, and work with the taxing districts in the county to calculate their levies.
- Indigent Assistance – Indigent Assistance is a program designed to assist qualified Bonner County residents in paying hospital, medical and certain other non-medical costs.
- Veterans Services – There are over 6,000 veterans in Bonner County. Our Veterans Services office will help with applications for many different services available to vets.
- Taxing Districts in Bonner County: Information regarding the other 40+ taxing districts located within the boundaries of Bonner County.
****Future projects in the County Clerk’s offices will involve the transition to a paperless environment in the Courthouse. Odyssey will begin in two counties in 2015, then expand into other counties. If all goes well, Bonner County can expect to be brought online in late 2017. This will eliminate the high cost of offsite storage.
Other Helpful Links:
- Local Governing Entity Registry FAQ – New reporting requirements for local governing entities
- Idaho Attorney General – Written Opinions and Electronic Manuals
- Idaho Legislature – The Idaho Statutes and other Legislative news
- Idaho Secretary of State – More Election information and Campaign Disclosure Reports
- Idaho Supreme Court – The latest decisions.
- Idaho Association of Counties – Links to the 44 Idaho Counties and other information.
- Idaho Administrative Code
- Idaho Administrative Bulletins