Bonner County offers a Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package
PERSI (Public Employee Retirement Systems of Idaho):
- Participation in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) Base Plan is required for all employees who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week for more than 5 or more months per year. The employee contribution for general employees is 6.79% and is deducted from each paycheck. The employee contribution for law enforcement employees is 8.36% and is deducted from each paycheck.
- The PERSI Choice 401(k)Plan is an optional defined contribution retirement savings plan. Participation is voluntary and allows the employee to contribute a portion of his/her salary on a tax-deferred basis via payroll deduction.
- PERSI also offers death and disability benefits.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits are provided for the employee, their spouse and dependents at a nominal cost to the employee. Premiums are deducted from the employee’s paycheck on a pre-tax basis. Premiums can be reduced by participating in the Small Changes, Big Rewards wellness program.
Life with NCPERS/Prudential
EMPLOYEE RIGHTS UNDER THE FMLA
Please click here for more information regarding employee rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Please click here for the “Employee Rights” US Dept of Labor Poster.
Vacation and Sick Leave
Vacation accrues as follows:
- 0 through 60 months – 10 days/year or 80 hours
- 61 thru 120 months – 15 days/year or 120 hours
- 121 months or more – 20 days/year or 160 hours
Sick time accrues as follows:
- 1 workday per month
Accruals for EMS is different. Please refer to EMS policy website.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This confidential counseling program is available at no cost to the employee. Bonner County employees are able to receive up to 6 sessions per incident per our benefit program year. It is available to the employee and his/her dependents through Reliant Behavioral Health. The EAP contact toll free number is 1-866-750-1327 and our organization name is Bonner County. You can also visit their website www.MyRBH.com consult your Bonner County Employee Enrollment Information for Access Code.
Group Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
Benefits are provided by the County at no cost to the employee. The life benefit is one times the employee’s annual salary; the AD&D benefit is in addition to the life benefit and is also one times the employee’s annual salary.
Optional Insurance Policies
Other insurance policies (accident, disability, Life Insurance, etc) are available on a pre- or post-tax basis through various vendors.
Contact List for Bonner County Employee Benefits
A Bonner County Employee may contact the associated representative directly for employee services and questions
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA)
For employees that need help with their HSA or FSA account the contact number for the Bonner County Administrator Peak 1 is: 1-866-315-1777.
For more reference about your FSA or HSA account please refer to the correct links below:
Dependent Care Savings Account
Child care and elder care expenses may incur for a Bonner County Employee while at work, due to caring for a family member. These expenses may be deducted from your paycheck before tax. In many cases this will be more advantageous than the federal tax credit. For more information about Dependent Care Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) or Health Savings Accounts (HSA) please visit the Peek 1 website at www.Peak1.com
Preventive Care Guide
For information on what qualifies as a Preventive Medical Care please choose the link below:
Delta Dental “On The Go” – Free Mobile App
Employees now have the opportunity to set up their Delta Dental Account App on their personal devices – entitled “Delta Dental On The Go”. This app allows you to download your ID card, access your account information, look up benefits information, and search for dentists. All you need to do is to set up a website subscriber account.