Saturday & Sunday 1:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Tuesday & Thursday 6:15 P.M. – 8:10 P.M.
- Family visits are limited to parents or legal guardians only. Exceptions must be previously approved by both the juvenile’s probation officer and the Detention Manager.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older and provide a valid picture I.D.
- Visitors will not leave food or any personal items with the resident.
- Visitors will not be admitted with purses, handbags, backpacks, pocketknives, or weapons.
- Please leave personal belongings in your car, as we will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- All visitors must be dressed modestly and engage in appropriate and respectful conversation.
- No heated arguments or abusive behavior will be allowed.
Please call ahead of time with any questions. Enjoy your visit.
Nightly 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- A Resident may make calls to his natural parents, legal guardians, foster parents or custodians during scheduled hours specified by the Detention Manager.
- Calls may be made on the inmate phone system in the PODS provided the resident has money in the system. Residents will be allowed to call only approved phone numbers. All calls will be recorded and are subject to staff monitoring.
- The duration and frequency of outgoing calls shall be limited to allow all Residents an opportunity to place calls.
- Unless otherwise restricted, Residents will be allowed a minimum of two calls per week. Phone calls will be made during specified times.
- Special phone calls and times may be pre-approved by the shift Supervisor or Detention Manager. Requests made by family or probation officers will be considered.
- A Resident may phone his attorney at any reasonable time, excluding weekends and holidays from the phone designated for the Residents use. No time limits shall be placed on these calls.
- Incoming Calls – Except in special circumstances Residents are not permitted to receive incoming calls.
Letters can be sent to:
Resident / CO
Bonner County Juvenile Detention Center
4002 Samuelson Ave.
Sandpoint, Id 83864
Questions concerning the Bonner County Juvenile Detention Center can be directed to the main Justice Services Phone number (208)263-1602 during our normal business hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.