Resources: Books and Brochures
VAST has numerous educational materials that are available to the public, free of charge.
Below you will a find a list of publications.
To request materials, please contact us.
- It shouldn’t hurt to go home – Domestic Violence Handbook
- Scars aren’t always visible – Domestic Violence Awareness trifold handbook
- Immigrant Victims of Domestic Violence
- The Sexual Violence Continuum – Sexual Assault Victim’s Handbook
- Myths & Facts – Sexual Assault Awareness trifold handbook
- Are you being stalked? – Stalking Handbook
- No Means Know – Teen Dating Violence Handbook
Vast also has a limited selection of books available for checkout. Please contact the advocates during business hours for availability
- Till Death Do Us Part: Love, Marriage, and the mind of the killer spouse.
- Chains Can Be Broken: This book is for anyone who has, or is acquainted with someone who has lived through the chaos of abuse; physical, mental, sexual, spiritual and substance.
- No!: How One Simple Word Can Transform Your Life.
- When Love Hurts: A Woman’s Guide to Understanding Abuse in Relationships.
- Abused Men: The hidden side of Domestic Violence.
- The Wounded Heart: Hope for adult victims of childhood sexual abuse.
- How to spot a dangerous man: Use this workbook to study your dating patterns and relationship choices. The 22 worksheet and quizzes will reveal your red flags, warning signals, and help you to create a personal “do-not-date” list.
- Crime Victim’s Guide to Justice: * Privacy rights explanation * Crime reporting directions * Case filing information * Testimony tips * details for suing a criminal * information on getting help. A simple English explanation of the law. Written by a Lawyer
- Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking your life back when someone you care about has Borderline Personality Disorder.
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship: How to recognize it and how to respond.
- To Punish and Protect: One DA’s fight against a system that coddles Criminals.
- Recovering From Rape: Practical advice on overcoming the trauma and coping with Police, Hospitals, and the Courts. For the survivors of sexual assault and their families, lovers, and friends.
- My Son… My Son…: A guide to healing after death, loss, or suicide.
- Insult to Injury: Rethinking our responses to Intimate Abuse.
- A Private Family Matter: A document of Triumph over Cruelty.
- The Courage to Heal: A guide for women survivors of child sexual abuse.