A Few Events Taking Place in Your Area
November 13th – Military Appreciation Night at Golden Corral! Head into Golden Corral on Monday November 13th from 5 pm until 9 pm to enjoy a Free “Thank you” Dinner for any active or former military member who served in the U.S. Military! This offer is for Dine-in only.
November 17th – Resource Fair . Please join us for the Resource Fair, including information, assistance, free flu shots on site provided by Walgreens, and free drawings for a Thanksgiving Thurkey! The event will take place from 5 pm until 7 pm at the Riverside High School, 4120 East Deer Park Milan Rd. Chattaroy.
November 21st – Thanksgiving Luncheon – Spokane Vet Center is providing a Luncheon to Veterans and their families from 11 am until 2 pm. For more information please call 509-444-8387.
November 29th-Dec 3rd – Warriors Heart to Art. This event is no cost to Veterans and will take place at the Immaculate Heart Retreat Center in Spokane WA. Looking for Veterans of all ages and all conflicts with PTSD/MST symptoms which impede a healthy lifestyle that have a serious desire for healing. this is a 4-day healing retreat to create, share, and process personal stories and experiences. For more information contact Curley Lawson at 509-280-1727 or retreat@WarriorsHeartToArt.org.
- Military Kids Youth Group – Held at the Post Falls Armory, 5358 E. Seltice, Post Falls Idaho. There will be fun, games, new friends, and new opportunities. Please call Nicholas Wagner for details at 208-406-1398 or 208-272-8397.
- Sobriety Support Group – Facilitator Curley Lawson will help guide individuals struggling with the cycle of addiction find new experiences of life without the addictive chemicals. Any combat Veteran of any era or a military sexual trauma Survivor are eligible. Veterans will have to complete an intake assessment to attend the group and bring their DD 214. If you have any questions or would like to sign up contact Steve at 509-893-4746.
- Housing Program for Veterans – Spokane Tribal Housing has partnered with Veteran Affairs to provide Housing to Veterans in the area. Call 509-481-0033 to see if you or someone you know is eligible.
- Sandpoint War Vet’s Group – Every Other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; Next meeting will be January 12th. Offering war veterans of all eras a place to meet and overcome the unique challenges of life after war. Open to veterans of all wars, on the corner of Pine and Division. If you have any questions call 509-844-1053.
- Sandpoint War Veteran’s Spouses Group – Meeting every other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; next meeting will be January 5th. Offering support for spouses and significant other of war veterans in Sandpoint. Call 509-844-1053 with questions.
- Breakfast with the Marines – From 8 am until 11 am on the Second Saturday of the Month! Breakfast is served at the VFW 1435; 212 S. David St. Spokane Valley the cost is all you can eat: $7 for adults $5 for Seniors (70+) $5 for four to twelve and under 3 eat for free. Come hang out and bring your Appetite!
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship provides post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the children and surviving spouses of Servicemembers who died in the line of duty while on active duty after September 10th, 2001. Need some more information on what the VA can provide for students, check out the their website HERE.
- Military Family Scholarships – BestColleges.com has created a financial aid guide specifically for military spouses and children. They provide context for how students can best take advantage of available federal resources, and offer over 30 scholarships and grants for veterans, spouses, and dependents of veterans. Check it out HERE.
For more information on these upcoming activities or any questions send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment get in contact with our Veteran Service Officer Bryan Hult today, 1500 Hwy 2, suite 122 in Sandpoint or call between 8:00 am and noon to schedule an appointment; 208-255-5291.