A Few Events Taking Place in Your Area
October 18th – Avista Energy Fair. Event taking place at the East Central Community Center from 3 pm until 6 pm. They will be there to go over bill assistance, community assistance and Energy Efficiency, the event is free parking, food, beverages, weatherization items and more. If you would like to attend the event contact Lisa Lee at 509-495-8024.
October 21st – Veterans Family Fall Festival. Fun activities, games, food, candy, bounce house, costume contest and much more brought to you by St. Vincent De Paul from 4:30 pm until 8:30 pm. Free to all military and Veteran families for more information call Eric Swanbeck at 208-664-3095 ext. 314.
November 10th – Veterans Celebration, starting at 7 pm at the Panida Theater. There will be music and a great movie; this event is free admission but there will be donations accepted at the door, 100% of the donations go to local veterans. Join Bonner County neighbors to thank our vets!
November 11th – Veterans Day at the Park. Papermaking, lunch and s’mores at the Riverside State Park in Spokane from 11 am until 3 pm. If you have questions please email email@example.com.
November 12th – Race to Feed Our Veterans. 5K Run/Walk from 10 am until noon to pay tribute to our veterans of past & present by joining the race to fight senior hunger. $25 per Runner feeds up to 6 Veterans! The race takes place at Riverside Memorial Park; 508 N. Government way in Spokane. Register HERE, you can also help by bringing canned goods and/or personal hygiene items for homeless Veterans.
November 29th-Dec 3rd – Warriors Heart to Art. This event is no cost to Veterans and will take place at the Immaculate Heart Retreat Center in Spokane WA. Looking for Veterans of all ages and all conflicts with PTSD/MST symptoms which impede a healthy lifestyle that have a serious desire for healing. this is a 4-day healing retreat to create, share, and process personal stories and experiences. For more information contact Curley Lawson at 509-280-1727 or retreat@WarriorsHeartToArt.org.
- Sandpoint War Vet’s Group – Every Other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; Next meeting will be January 12th. Offering war veterans of all eras a place to meet and overcome the unique challenges of life after war. Open to veterans of all wars, on the corner of Pine and Division. If you have any questions call 509-844-1053.
- Sandpoint War Veteran’s Spouses Group – Meeting every other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; next meeting will be January 5th. Offering support for spouses and significant other of war veterans in Sandpoint. Call 509-844-1053 with questions.
- Breakfast with the Marines – From 8 am until 11 am on the Second Saturday of the Month! Breakfast is served at the VFW 1435; 212 S. David St. Spokane Valley the cost is all you can eat: $7 for adults $5 for Seniors (70+) $5 for four to twelve and under 3 eat for free. Come hang out and bring your Appetite!
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship provides post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the children and surviving spouses of Servicemembers who died in the line of duty while on active duty after September 10th, 2001. Need some more information on what the VA can provide for students, check out the their website HERE.
- Military Family Scholarships – BestColleges.com has created a financial aid guide specifically for military spouses and children. They provide context for how students can best take advantage of available federal resources, and offer over 30 scholarships and grants for veterans, spouses, and dependents of veterans. Check it out HERE.
For more information on these upcoming activities or any questions send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment get in contact with our Veteran Service Officer Bryan Hult today, 1500 Hwy 2, suite 122 in Sandpoint or call between 8:00 am and noon to schedule an appointment; 208-255-5291.